Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Allie Modell Commission Projection

After far too long of a break caused by moving back to Montgomery and an endless stream of housework, I began a new piece recently, but I lack a reliable internet connection and haven't been able to post about it until now.  Hopefully, I'll be able to break free of my affliction of starting pieces then having to take time away from art, then starting new ones to help get back in the swing before resuming half-done works, since I now have seven previous in-progress paintings already waiting at the moment.  My newest work comes to me as a commission and like my previous one is based off of a simple black and white photograph. 

I started the painting by constructing the canvas and giving it half a dozen coats of gesso before doing my preliminary projection in acrylic Ultramarine Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment