Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 10 of Shine Over Mountains

Today I took another step towards becoming a full-fledged Florida resident, this time by obtaining a Florida driver's license.  It was a necessary step prompted by the fact that my Alabama one expires tomorrow.  As great as an event as this is, it did take up a good portion of my day.  It went as most trips to a DMV office go.  First, you go there and wait half an hour until your number is called, only to find out that you lack a certain required document (something I had tried to avoid by checking online prior to going, but still I missed stuff) and they send you on your way.  Then you leave and begin to search like hell for the required documents that hardly anyone it seems would have all easily at ready.  Once successfully locating all required documents you return to the DMV office and have to wait the mandatory half an hour, after which you realize you and one gentleman at the counter are the only ones left at the time and yet for some reason they stopped calling numbers.  Another five minutes pass and one of the clerks stands to get something from the printer and you are finally noticed and after many apologies are allowed to proceed with your necessary requests.  It is events like this which demonstrate my strange uncontrolled power of invisibility.

Once all that was concluded, I was finally able to get close to a half day's work accomplished on Shine Over Mountains.  I began with working on the trail and below areas and then found my way painting on everything else that remained in a random manner, just trying to build things up.



No comments:

Post a Comment