Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 3 of First Vision

I spent all my time yesterday working on reestablishing the correct shape of the sky/sun and trying to work with small brushes and strokes on the section of rock located from the 3o'clock to 5o'clock position of the sun.  Both of these areas took way more work than I expected and the rock section is now way too washed out and still requires a lot more work.  Given the amount of work I put in and my dissatisfaction with the limited results of trying to work with small brushes and strokes, I think I'm going to go back to using bigger brushes and more pronounced strokes while focusing on the piece as a whole and not just one section.  I might try to go back later with the smaller brushes to try and get a more crisp and realistic painting, but I was really liking the way things looked in the beginning with just the basic shapes and shadows and highlights, so for now I'm just going to keep progressing in that direction.  However, any input as to what you the viewer would find more appealing would be more than greatly appreciated.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment