Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 4 of Tintype Commission

I began the day's work by applying a thin layer of Burnt Umber to the top left corner of the background and slowly bled that out around the left side of the girl's head with a Burnt Umber and Paynes Gray mix and then finished the remainder of the background with Paynes Gray mixed with only a hint of Burnt Umber.  I then turned my focus to the table by reestablishing the main form and highlights with a light layer of Yellow Ochre.  I then finished my work with a layer of Alizarin Crimson over the red parts of the dress.


Here's the video for today's work:


In case any of you readers were curious as to my process for the production of these videos, let my give a brief run down of all that goes into making one.  Before I begin filming each day, I first devise a 'plan of attack' for what I intend on working on and then I get all my paints and brushes ready to best fit that plan.  Because I know my camera has only a 70 minute capacity I set a timer for about an hour and then get to work.  After I the timer goes off I work to get to a good stopping point and cease my work for the day and then upload the video from my camera to my computer.   To edit and make the videos I use Windows Live Movie Maker.  I begin the editing process by first speeding up the video by a factor of 16, which creates the time lapse effect. I then add in my three title screens, ie. the actual title, the 'On Palette,' and the 'Music.'  By this point I have the general length of the video established so I open up my iTunes and sort my music by track length.  Next is a simple matter of finding a desirable track of the appropriate length to add to the video and then I'm done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment