Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 5 of Tintype Commission

I started the day by applying some Yellow Ochre to the upper left corner of the background to begin the establishment of a wall and cast shadow, which should add to the desired Baroque appearance.  I blended that out with some Burnt Umber, repeated the process for a while, but there's much work to be done.  Next,  began to reform the hair using Yellow Ochre and moved to working on the table a little after that.  I finished my work by filling the blank areas of the dress with Yellow Ochre.  I still have probably another day or so of general light work where my focus is just getting paint on the blank areas before I move to a more detailed and focused process.


The video for the day...


I only got around 45 minutes of work in today so when I was editing the video I only sped it up by a factor of 8 and not 16.  So instead of a time lapse appearance, the action appears more super speed.


No comments:

Post a Comment