Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 16 of Shine Over Mountains

Each day I begin working on this piece I think it could be my last.  It's getting so close to being complete, but there are a few areas that aren't quite there yet.  My focus today was again on everything that remains.  The figure, cliff, and the entire right side foreground are very close to being done.  The lower left hand corner (specifically the two bushes) and parts of the foreground gravel/dirt still need a little more work to be on their way, though.

Yesterday, I took the first step in preparing for the next piece I'll be beginning soon.  It will be another slot canyon piece and the image will again come from lower Antelope Canyon and will also have a very strong light streak.  A major difference is that I'll be painting this one on two canvases to create a split canvas work when I am finished.  But to make it easier to paint as a whole I had to bind the two canvases together, but I'll go into that process whenever I finish the projection and have an image to post and blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment