Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 6 of First Vision

I was unable to get any work done Friday on account of a job interview in the early afternoon and a photography show opening that evening.  Well actually I did get the canvases for my next slot canyon painting gessoed on Friday, but that doesn't really count.   I was also only able to get a half day in yesterday because I spent the first half preparing entries for a fundraising project for the Panama City Artists called "Cloud of Ideas."

While attending the photography opening, I learned that the show I was preparing Shine Over Mountains and First Vision for has its entry date about two weeks ahead of what I anticipated.  This shouldn't pose a problem for Shine Over Mountains, but First Vision may not be complete in time, especially with the hope of employment on the horizon.  However, in an effort to get First Vision complete in time I'm gonna put the majority of my focus on it for the time being and see how far along I can get. Since Shine Over Mountains is so close to completion I can just work on it in the evenings or times when I only have a limited amount of time to work with.  And unfortunately, I'm going to need to put any further work on the new slot canyon piece on hold until I have a better idea of how things are gonna work out with job scheduling and what not.

My work on First Vision yesterday started with an effort to reestablish the shadows and cracks of the upper central rock section then moved to building up the middle-left rock "flipper."  Can you tell it's hard for me to describe specific areas of this piece?  Towards the end, like it has done each day thus far, my focus shifted to applying washes throughout the entire piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment